Apologies in advance for the negative tone of this post, but this has been on my mind for a while, and I would love to get some input from others about it.
I have been working in TM1 for over a decade now, and while I have had some good experiences, I've had substantially more bad ones.
I have plenty of flaws as a developer -- following orders when I think the decision has been poorly considered isn't my strong suit, for instance -- and I acknowledge people create their own environment. I try to take responsibility for what happens in my life as much as I can.
Having said that, let's, for the sake of argument, list a few things that have been pretty commonplace throughout my career:
- Idea and source code usage without recognition or compensation
- Signed sales taken from one partner and given to another under false pretences
- Potential clients stolen without regard for partner cooperation etiquette
- Staff poaching & infiltration
- Contractors' invoices challenged, working days forced as unbillable, etc
- General finger pointing & ass-covering
It seems to me that the TM1 world has been more prone to these kinds of activities than others, and when I look back, it's almost plagued with them.
Have I just been unlucky, or have others noticed similar trends? Are there a few "good guys" left, or are we all now, by necessity and scarcity, just sharks in the water?
Flow OLAP -- We think outside the cube!